Are you familiar with the popular DeathChest mod? Dr. Cyano’s Lootable Bodies has a similar function but is more immersive and fancy!
Dr. Cyano’s Lootable Bodies mod is a mod that protects your items from despawning and scattering everywhere when you die by storing it to an unusual item container – your dead body.
With this mod installed, a corpse will spawn in the area where you die, and all your equipped items, and items stored in your inventory will be stored inside the corpse as well.
The corpse entity can be damaged, burned, and is affected by gravity, items on your hotbar and equipped items will be shown as the corpse will wear the same items. Nearby items will also get sucked into the dead body for easy collection. When a player dies, all items will also suffer damage to their durability.
By right clicking the corpse, you can loot back all your inventory from the moment you died. If you want to dispose the corpse, all you need to do is hit it with a shovel 3 times and it will vanish – scattering all of its items on the ground.
The best part of this mod is it is highly configurable. There are options to change the corpse HP, make it vulnerable to all sorts of damage or invulnerable, allow it to use the player skin, adjust damage to all items durability, and individually change vulnerability.
Full Configuration Options:
- corpse_HP This is the number of half-hearts of damage that needs to be dealt to the body to destroy it. If no damage vulnerabilities are specified, then only a shovel can destroy a body (and it only takes 3 hits from the shovel, no matter how many HP it the body has). Default is 50 (25 hearts).
- corpse_inventory_size This is the total number of items that the corpse can hold. Only 54 items are visible at a time (the rest will appear in the inventory window as soon as there’s space). Default is 108 items and the lowest allowed value is 54 (which is the number of items visible in the GUI).
- use_player_skin If true, dead bodies use the skins of their former selves. If false, dead bodies are skeletons.
- item_damage_on_death Damage suffered by damageable items on death (you didn’t think that death was a free-ride, did you?). This item damage will never destroy an item, leaving it with 1 durability instead. You can set this value to 0 if you don’t want item damage on death, default is 32 durability damage.
- hurt_by_weapons If true, bodies can be damaged by attacking it (default: false).
- hurt_by_fire If true, bodies will be damaged by fire and lava (default: false).
- hurt_by_fall If true, bodies will be damaged by falling long distances (default: false).
- hurt_by_explosions If true, bodies will be damaged by creepers and TNT (default: false). Note that if you disable explosion damage but enable fall damage, then explosions will eventually destroy a body by throwing it into the air and hurting it with fall damage.
- hurt_by_cactus If true, bodies will be damaged by cacti (default: false).
- hurt_by_block_suffocation If true, bodies will be damaged by being stuck inside a block (default: false).
- hurt_by_other If true, bodies will be damaged by damage sources not covered by the other options (default: false).
- hurt_by_all If true, bodies will be damaged by anything that damages a player (default: false).
How to install Dr. Cyano’s Lootable Bodies Mod for Minecraft 1.8
Download and install Minecraft Forge mod loader
Download the latest version of Lootable Bodies.
Hold Windows key and press R to open the Run… dialog, or go to Start > Run.
Enter %appdata% and navigate to your .minecraft/mods folder.
Drag and drop the .zip file downloaded in step 2 into this folder.
- Although it is very simple, this mod became one of my favorite since the moment it has been released. Did you find this mod helpful? Leave a comment below.